To take maximum advantage of the curative properties of salt, we should remember a couple of essential rules, which will let us achieve the desired effect.
PREPARING THE BATH
– Put a proper amount of salt in the bathtub and add warm water (36-38 °C). You will find the application information on the packaging.
– Stir until the salt is dissolved. The specific, insoluble flakes in the water are the compounds of calcium and magnesium created during the crystallization process.
– Immerse yourself in the saline and, breathing possibly deeply, spend between 15 and 20 minutes in the tub. 15 minutes is the bath time advisable for those who are beginning their adventure with saline baths. Bath time may be elongated gradually.
– By increasing water temperature you expose your body to more intense stimuli. We advise to do it gradually.
– If possible, do not rinse the body after the bath, as the ““salt coat” formed on the skin
surface is a favourable external impulse that prolongs the positive impact of the saline bath. The salt is rich in minerals and is also beneficial after the bath itself.
To let our body benefit fully from the Bochnia saline, regular baths are advisable. An optimal frequency for supporting the body and improving the immunity and overall fitness is 2-3 baths a week. In case of medical baths, consulting a doctor is advised in order to adapt the treatment’s frequency and conditions to the illness.
Water content: no more than 18%
pH of salt solution in water (1,5% and 3%): not less than 5,5
Aroma specific, iodic
sodium Na+ not less 35%
calcium Ca2+ no more than 1,5%
magnesium Mg2+ no more than 0,8%
chloride Cl– not less than 55%
iodine I– not less than 0,03%
bromide Br– not less than 0,05%